Who's up for another Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons DT Day?!?! I hope you all love these days as much as I do! If you loved them before, you will REALLY love them now! Lisa has added three new girls to the design team and their projects are AWESOME!!! You really need to head on over to the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons blog to check out these projects....
I played with the Honey Bees Cutting Files and Sunny Skies digital paper this week.
To create my card....
1. In Silhouette Studio I created four rectangles (all the same length but varied heights) and lined them up on top of each other
2. By dragging and dropping my digital pattern paper, I filled each rectangle with a different pattern (all from the Sunny Skies Collection)
3. I printed out the rectangle on textured paper and cut out the rectangle using a paper trimmer
4. Using my sewing machine, I added some zigzag stitches where my pattern paper matched up
5. I created an outline of my bear using the Offest button and filled it with a light grey pattern paper
6. Moving the dark yellow parts of my bear off to the side, and grouped the rest of the pieces of my bear (including the new offset layer) to print
7. Once pieces were printed/cut, I used Colorbox fluid chalk ink to ink around my dark yellow parts and the outline of the bear. A finishing touch was adding some glossy accents to the honeycomb on the bear's tummy.
8. I ran a strip of 3 Girl Jam ribbon across my background layer and added a bow
9. After putting my bear together, I added some foam stickers to the back and added it to the card
10. Added my sentiment stamp
Here are the supplies I used for my card...
- sentiment from Love Stings - Jaded Blossom
- 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon
- glossy accents
- sewing machine
- Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
- White gelly roll pen
Thanks for stopping by today!!! :)