Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bunny Love - Hybrid Layout Tutorial


My favourite thing about crafting for Easter is all the pastel colors. I fell totally in love with the light version of the new Speckled Egg kit. It matched PERFECTLY with some recent pictures I took of my baby girl. I thought I would share with you all, my process of putting together a layout using digital elements.
Hybrid easter layout2

What I used to create my layout:
How I put my layout together:  
Step 1: Design layout in Silhouette Studio, arranging elements and digital paper. (Using rectangles the same sizes as pictures you will add helps to figure out how large to make elements, etc.)

Silhoutte 01

Step 2: Some elements will be printed out on the base sheet of cardstock and some will be printed, cut and layered on the page. Move all elements you wish to layer off to the side of your mat, leaving the ones that you wish to print on your base paper, then send to printer
Silhoutte 02

Step 3: Move base elements off to the side of the mat and arrange elements you wish to print/cut on your mat. Send to printer, then to Silhouette to cut.  
Silhoutte 03

Step 4: Lay all printed elements out on base layer to get an idea of where embellishments (ribbon, pearls, buttons, etc.) can be added.
Step 5: Add glossy accents to add some texture to elements and let them dry completely (I added glossy accents to confetti on base paper and bow on Easter basket)
Step 6: Start adhering elements starting with what will be underneath pictures (patterned circles, wood border, etc), followed by flower trim
Hybrid easter layout1

Step 7: Add pictures, then elements with foam stickers to give dimension (easter basket, ‘LOVE’ push buttons). 
Hybrid easter layout3

Step 8: Finishing touches (pearls, twine, buttons, etc.) can be added.
I encourage you to give hybrid a try. Even if you don’t have a Silhouette or other cutting machine,  you could design your page in Photoshop and hand cut some key elements to add depth and dimension. It’s a fun way to incorporate some of your traditional scrapbooking supplies.

8 comments:

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gaylynn said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful with both digital and traditional scrapping. Thanks for the tutorial. SUPER!!! :)

Life and Knits said...

OMG! So super cute! Love this layout. Really cute, every single detail and those pics are adorable!!

Susie

Debra Lovell said...

Awww...what an adorable card!! I absolutely love it!! Thanks! "Happy Spring"

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a beautiful layout Candace! And, what a beautiful photo you had to work with -she's the cutest little bunny ever! I love all of your amazing details - just gorgeous!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Precious layout and love the baby picture.

Jenny said...

This is such a darrrrhling layout! I'm not sure which is cuter...the baby or the layout! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Migdalia said...

Darling LO!