Monday, April 22, 2013

Keep Calm and Drink Coffee Tutorial


I am in love with the new Life In Pictures releases from Peppermint Creative!! I am not that into Project Life (yet), but I love that the new Keep Calm Cards & Templates are versatile enough for anyone to use! The ‘Keep Calm and Drink Coffee’ sparked inspiration for a great gift idea! Who doesn’t LOVE a Starbucks gift card??
Keep Calm Coffee Silhouette1b

What I used to create my card:
Material

How I put it all together: 
Step 1: Use SVG file from Silhouette Store to cut out pieces for card (card base, lid, cup sleeve) in Silhouette Studio Software. 
Step 2: Print out Keep Calm Title Card on white cardstock then cut it out. 
NOTE: The color of the cards can easily be changed in a photo editing software such as Photoshop

Step 3: Ink around edges of Keep Calm Card with ink to give it a little dimension (and to cover white edges, if you’re picky like me! J) I also inked around the lid of the cup
Keep Calm Coffee Silhouette 2

Step 4: Add some detail to cup sleeve by drawing on some faux stitching using a white gelly roll pen and emboss the sleeve by using a Cuttlebug and embossing folder
Step 5: Turn the Keep Calm Card into a tag by using a hole punch to make a hole in the corner. Use twine to tie card onto cup sleeve (I used Trendy Twine!)
 
Keep Calm Coffee Silhouette=3

Step 6: Assemble card using adhesive and add a gift card inside
Keep Calm Coffee Silhouette SVG 2b

Love this idea but don’t have a Silhouette machine? Use it as a gift tag on a nicely wrapped mug filled with treats.
Keep Calm Coffee Gift 3

Let’s see how all the creative ways you use the Keep Calm Cards!
Make sure to add your pictures to the Peppermint Creative Gallery so we can be inspired!

3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

This is so awesome! I have a ton of coffee buddies~ this would make such a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing!!
Hope you have a great day!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute and love the tutorial.


Tara

oscaralley said...

Great tutorial. Awesome pictures, I need to learn this for posting my projects....I really need to built a light box.