Monday, May 9, 2011

Love, Honor, Cherish

Second post of the day!! Can you believe this? I also made a batch of baby food in the midst!! I may as well slap a big red 'S' on my chest for the day! :) Only kidding... I just feel like I'm getting a lot accomplished today, unlike a lot of days around here!

So here is my project for the My Pink Stamper Challenge # 5....

I have a shower/stagette for a friend of mine this weekend and was inspired by the big rock on her left hand! :) I like how this card turned out, but there is something missing.... When I figure out what that something is I may add it. Sometimes I try to go for simple and elegant on a card. I didn't want anything to outshine this ring.



Here are some details...
- ring is cut from the Sweethearts cartridge, I added sparkles on the diamond part and then used glossy accents over top. (If I had my favorite camera lens, I could show you this a whole lot clearer....) I also used Tattered Angels Gilmmermist in Pearl on the grey part of the ring to give it a little shimmer
- black frame accent was cut from Gypsy Wanderings and misted with the same Glimmermist
- blue background was embossed with a spotted Cuttlebug folder
- sentiment is from the Here Comes the Bride set by Pink By Design
- popped up black frame and ring with foam stickers from the dollarstore
- of COURSE, no project of mine would be complete without some doodles with my white Gelly Roll pen!!



You might be able to see the glimmermist on the black frame and the glitter on the diamond better in this pic...
Let's see if I can set a record for myself and squeeze one more project in now that my kids are asleep....

2 comments:

HappyPlaceJen said...

I saw your comment on the Scrappy Moms blog for the new Happily Ever After and just had to pop over and admire the works of this Scrappin' mommy of 2 Lil Princesses! I want that stamp set, too, since I also have 2 girls, but mine are 10 and 11 now. It goes by FAST! Anyway, I love your creations! I am now a follower! ~Jen
http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

P.S. I think this wedding-themed card is simple yet elegant - would not change a thing! :)

Cristi said...

OH WOW, do I love this card. I hope you don't mind if I scraplift this card. I love it so so much!!!
Big HUGS
Cristi