Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sting Like A Bee Trendy Twine Blog Hop

Yippee!!! It's my very first post as a member of the Trendy Twine Design Team!! I feel like this has been a super hard secret to keep and am so happy today is finally here so the cat can be let outta the bag!! :) I am so happy Lesley has given me this opportunity and am already loving playing with this great twine!!

If you are here from Brigit's blog, then you are in the right place. If you have just stumbled upon this hop, make sure to head back to the Trendy Twine blog to make sure you don't miss out on any of the great projects using this awesome new twine!!

I'm sure you are well aware by now, that today is the release day of the great new Bumblebee twine!!


So fun, right?! The Bumblebee twine is only $8 today only!! (After today, the spool is back to the regular price of $9). I love bumblebees so I was so excited to get started on my project...


I used my Bumblebee twine to add stripes to the body of my bee adding ATG tape on the backside of my body layer, then wrapping the twine around until it was completely covered. And of course I had to add a bow to turn my little bee into a girl... :) 

And a blog hop just wouldn't be a blog hop without some great blog candy... Jaded Blossom (whom I am Guest Designing for in August!!!) has donated their great stamp set, Love Stings for one lucky winner!! 


All you have to do to win this stamp set is make sure you are a follower of the Trendy Twine blog and leave a comment on each blog in this hop (by 11:59pm CST Friday). Pretty easy!! 

Here are all the supplies I used to make my card:
- Trendy Twine Bumblebee Twine
- Pink By Design Honey Pie stamp set
- Recollections washi tape
- Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Honey Bees cutting files set
- Peachy Keen Baby Faces Stamp Set
- My Creative Time mini flag die
- Martha Stewart coarse glitter
- Flower embossing folder
- white gelly roll pen
- pink chalk

I am the very last blog on this hop so I hope you have enjoyed the hop and loved all the great projects!! Here is a list of all the blogs in the hop, just in case! Thanks for stopping by!! 

Trendy Twine:  http://TwineItUp.com

44 comments:

Fran said...

Great card, love it xx

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

LauraEva said...

awwww...that is too darn cute!

Jamie said...

So adorable! I love it! Welcome to the team!!!!

jessica said...

Welcome to the Trendy Twine DT Candace!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your adorable bee card!! That face is too adorable and the sentiment is perfect!!! What a fun card!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Cute card. I like the glitter on the bee's wings.
Evelyn

-Candi said...

Adorable card, I just want to give him a little hug! Welcome to the Trendy Twine design team, so happy to have you!

Mimi said...

Candace, as always you have such a creative spirit. Love your card and the use of twine!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

So glad to have you on the team, Candace. Just hope after this past few weeks, you aren't trying to find a way to escape ;)

Beautiful card. Love the black background; it really makes your bee stand out. Great job with the twine, too.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very Pretty!Super cute bee!!!!

Georgiana said...

Buzzing by to say super cute!

CityGirl Planners said...

Awww, how cute is that little bee?!?! Congrats on the TT DT!

Brigit Mann said...

This card is just the cutest Candace, that bee is so adorable, love it!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic!! That little bee is really cute1! Love how you used the twine. I love it!!

Helen said...

This is a fabulous card!! I am so glad you are joining the team :)

Unknown said...

Congrats for being on the team! Your card is simply adorable. I love the twine and the PKS face on that bee.


Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Congrats Candace! Great project!

Kate said...

Welcome to the Team Candace. Love your project it's really cute the colors just pop. Great use of the twine.

Crafting on Caffeine said...

Awesome Job! love the colors!!!

Julie said...

Candace! Too Cute! I love that little Bee and his face is adorable!!! Love it! Congratulations on your new DT position! Can't wait to see more of your projects!

Julie
Cricut Chick

DebC said...

This is an adorable ba-bee!! I love it.
Deb C
bugjuiced

Unknown said...

Love your card - that little face is to die for!! Congrats - look forward to seeing more creations!!

Elizabeth Hart said...

The expression on the bee's face is sooo sweet - just love it ansd the cretive use of the twine - perfect for this bee.

Emily jennings said...

Now that is one sassy bee!!! Love this so cute!!!!!

Salnclts said...

Congrats! I love the bee's face and how you changed the sentiment up to ba-bee! I'm a new follower.

scrapbookingforfun said...

Love your card and that little bee looks feminine and cute!! I am a new follower of your blog!!!
Shelley
http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

Sukie said...

Super cute card, the PKS face is just adorable. I really love how the black background looks on your card! Welcome to the Trendy Twine DT!

Yvonne said...

Super cute card! Amazing job!

Migdalia said...

Congrats to you!! Yippee!!
A Super DUPER cute and FUN card!!Love it!! Adorable PK face!love it!
Happy 4th of July.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Beckie said...

Yay! Congrats on making the DT! Can't wait to see ur creations. This card is a cutie.

Be blessed, Beckie

Trixie said...

Adorable!! Love that Bee!! Congrats on the DT!

Michelle said...

tooo cute chickie !!! and congrats !! that's awesome for you !!!

Crystal said...

Adorable!! I love this!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - love the pun and great face! TFS

kim said...

The baby bee is to cute. Thank you for sharing with us.

kim colson

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on the new DT! Love this! too cute! Happy 4th.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my....just look at that darling little bee! What a cutie with that fun Peachy Face. The twine looks awesome on that black background. Congrats on being chosen for the DT, I look forward to seeing your projects with all that fun twine!

D- said...

What a perfect idea for a ba{bee} card. Love it. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/

Janis said...

Bee with the pacifier on a Ba-BEE card....such a cute idea. Love your twine stripes and the embossing on the BG. <3 J

NormaJean said...

Congrats!! And your Card is so cute!!

Hugs Norma

Unknown said...

What a cute little bee card. Great job. I love that it is a girl bee. So cute.

Wendy said...

How adorable. what a cute bee and card.

Unknown said...

LOVE your card, the look and her face is adorable; love her shiny wings and how you wrapped the twine around her for a more "bee" look! It's all just too cute! Thanks for sharing! Blessings...

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a cute card! Great work! Glad to be working with you on the TT team!