Saturday, July 13, 2013

Create A Customized Clothes Pin Display Tutorial!!

Custom clothespin make
Clothes Pin Display
By: Candace Zentner
I don’t know about you but I LOVE to display my creations for a while after I make them. Sometimes, I walk around the house with my latest project in my hand, just so that I can take a peek and marvel at it every few minutes. I found that I really needed a way to display my “artwork” in my craft room, so I came up with an idea using some very simple supplies and the Modern Mama kit from Peppermint Creative.
Hang art Display1 
Here is what I used to create my project:
  • Peppermint Creative Modern Mama kit
  • Silhouette Software
  • Plain White Cardstock
  • Clothes Pins
  • Paperclips
  • 3M Command Hooks
  • Twine
  • Buttons
  • Ribbon
  • Adhesive
Hang art Display2 
Here’s how to create your own clothespin display:
Step 1: Print out strips of pattern paper to cover the top of the clothes pin. I designed and cut strips using Silhouette software and the Silhouette machine, but they could also easily be cut using a simple paper cutter.
Step 2: Choose some elements to embellish your clothes pins. (I also cut these using Silhouette software/machine, but this could also be done by hand)
Display3 
Custom clothespin decorate 4 
Step 3: Using adhesive (I used ATG tape), adhere the pattern strips to the tops of the clothes pins
Custom clothespin decorate 5
Step 4: Glue a paper clip to the back of each clothes pin using a stronger adhesive, like Zip Dry glue.
Custom clothespin decorate 6
Step 5: Decorate some of the clothes pins using elements from the Modern Mama kit, combined with buttons, ribbon, etc.
Custom clothespin decorate 7
Step 6: Place Command hooks by 3M (I use them because they are not permanent and can easily be removed from wall) onto your wall.
NOTE: My hooks are hidden under a shelf but if you would like to hide the white sticker under the hook, just trim some off.
Step 7: Measure the distance between two hooks with twine, then double it. String clothes pins onto twine through the paper clips.
Step 8: Hook end of the twine with the loop over one hook, then tie the other ends of the twine around the hook on the opposite end
 Hang art Display8
Hang art Display9
Step 8: Make rosettes using a strip of pattern paper and adhere them to hooks to hide them
Hang art Display 10
Step 9: Add your projects onto your display line by clipping them in the clothes pins
Card Display Line2
This same display line can also be used to display photographs, children’s artwork, or anything else you would like to show off. Another idea is to use some of Miss Mint’s holiday themed kits to change up the clothes pins to match any upcoming holiday! Possibilities are endless!  

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

This is the most funniest thing...Last night I was thinking of away where I can display my cards(that I have received from my bloggie friends)I was so tired that I fell a sleep.
But I wake up and just saw your post...I LOVE this idea!!and its on a budget..which I love!!
Very Cute! Great idea.TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog)♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

What a cute idea, Candace. Love it.

Now some of that twine in the background really needs to go ;)

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Candace said...

LOL! This is really old, but I was recently able to post it... If I had known when I made it I would eventually be a Trendy Gal, I probably would've chosen my twine a little more carefully! :)

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely adorable! I love it the idea of it:) TFS and great tutorial!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com