Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Erica's Craft Room 25 Days of Christmas - Warm Clothes




Welcome to Erica's Craft Room 25 Days of Christmas,
with 25 Cricut projects a day.
Don't forget to stop by Erica's blog to see 24 more projects today....
and every day in December.

I choose to make a card today!! Here is my card....


Here is the supplies I used to make this card...

- Simply Charmed Cricut cart (mittens)
- Sophisticated Cricut cart (banner)
- twine from The Twinery
- argyle embossing folder
- Recollections paper
- Recollections brad
- white flock (mitten cuffs)
- 'baby, it's cold outside' sentiment from Christmas Wishes by Pink By Design
- white gelly roll pen for faux stitches

I like to keep my cards super simple, since I know they will probably end up in the trash within a week or two.... I cut the mittens from Simply Charmed then "stitched" around them using my white pen. I then embossed them with my argyle folder. I used my ZIG 2-way glue pen to adhere flock to the cuffs of the mittens. Then I used a piece of twine to make the mittens look like they are tied together. I stamped my sentiment onto the banner and used some pop dots to give it some dimension. 

I hope you liked my simple card!!! 

7 comments:

Norma said...

Love those mittens with the embossing along with the beautiful color!! Beautiful job with this card Candace!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Josie0602 said...

So adorable! Love those mittens!
Tracy
http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com/

sarah said...

very cute!!luv mittens..sarah
texasgrama7@gmail.com

Doris P. said...

so stinkin' cute!! love it. love the embossing in the gloves!!! new follower and e-mail. come say hi! I did so far day 1 and day 2 (but was missed) doris
parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Cute, cute card! Pretty paper and great stitching:) Love the embossed mittens!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

An'Jenic G. said...

Love how you embossed your mittens!

Jessica Buffa said...

Great job with the embossing on the mittens. I adore all that dimension on this one!
:O)
Jessica