Monday, May 13, 2013

Smile for the Camera!


Seriously, my favourite thing about Instagram, is the little camera icon! When I saw this camera in the Funktography Jazzers LIP kit, I knew it would make an EXCELLENT shape card!! Was I right?! ;)
Insta Camera
Insta Camera2
What I used to create my card:
Pic 1
How I put it all together: 
Step1: To create shaped card base in Silhouette Studio, use the trace tool to outline the camera.
Step 2: Offset the outline to create a border around the camera, mirror the offset.
Step 3: Make sure the two offset outlines are touching, weld them together and cut with Cameo.
No Silhouette? No problem. You can always print your image in Photoshop (or the graphics program of your choice) and cut by hand!
 Pic 6
Step 4: Use circle tool to create circle the exact same size as camera lens & cut
Step 5: Print camera and cut with cameo
Step 6: Add sentiment to camera with ink/stamp
Step 7: Cover one color with glue and add glitter over top, shake excess onto scrap paper. Let glue dry for a couple minutes.
TIP: I fold my paper in half so the glitter is easy to pour back into the bottle. 
Pic 2a
Pic 2
Step 8: Repeat Step 1 with the remaining 3 colors.
Pic 3
Step 9: Adhere camera to card base, add faux stitching around the outside using a white gelly roll pen
Step 10: Add stitching to the camera lens, adhere to camera with a foam sticker to give dimension
Pic 4
Pic 5
A shaped card can be created using almost any element from a digital kit. Some other examples of elements that would make great shape cards are the cupcakes in theBirthday Boogie Element Pack or the flip flops in the Sunkissed Summer Kit.
Possibilites are endless! I hope this project sparks some creative ideas of your own!!

4 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

AWE I love this card!!! The glitter is a sweet touch!

Steph
www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

TOTALLY Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥



snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...love the glitter!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Candace this camera shaped card is fabulous! I LOVE it and the glitter is such a fun touch. The stitching lines look wonderful, just love this!