Friday, June 27, 2014

Fun With Doodlebug Vellum


Hey Doodlebug friends!! Candace from Scrappin' 2 Little Princesses here today. I know you have all seen the totally yummy polka dot sprinkled vellum from Doodlebug and I'm sure a lot of you even own some. I have a couple projects to share today using this super fun product! 

The first project I wanted to share is a little treat box I decorated filled with skittles. I thought these would be great quick little gifts to brighten someone's day with. 


These were super easy to make using some Doodlebug vellum, washi tape and stickers. I cut a long strip of vellum, wrapped it around my clear boxes and adhered the end using a couple small pieces of two sided tape. To add a little more detail, as well as to hold the sides of the vellum in place, I used some of Doodlebug's awesome thin washi tape



My second project is a layout using various colors of the vellum cut in scalloped circles using dies. I find using dies with vellum is a super easy, no fail way to add great detail and layers to a project. 

 

Since the vellum comes in all the great Doodlebug colors it's so easy to find a color or shade to match every Doodlebug collection. I have been dying to use these great mix and match ice cream cones that are part of the Sugar Shoppe collection (my fav Doodlebug collection!) and since I wanted them to stand out on my layout, I choose to use plain white cardstock as my base and vellum to add layers. 


Adhering vellum can sometimes be intimidating to some, including myself, so I choose to use regular ATG tape strategically placed on my vellum pieces to hide my tape. Since I was layering a lot of different pieces on my layout, I made sure to place my tape in a spot that would be covered with another element. 



 Isn't this vellum SO much fun? I can see myself adding a little to almost every project in the future (much like my Doodlebug sequins!). 

No comments: