Friday, December 13, 2013

Jaded Blossom December Release Blog Hop!!

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Jaded Blossom's December Release Blog Hop.
Now if you're here from Mel's Blog then you're in the right place, if you're just passing through start at the beginning because you don't wanna miss anything. I also have the complete line up at the bottom.
If you missed my projects this week here is the highlight of it....
MONDAY 
TUESDAY  




I decided to make a fun set of shaker birthday cards!!


I used the masking technique to pick and choose parts of the Birthday Treat Tag stamps to use as sentiments on my cards.





I put together a quick little tutorial on how I put these together!! 

1. Start by cutting out the following layers with cutting machine:
- base (which you will stamp)
- acetate layer 
- top 'frame' layer



2. Using two sided foam tape (NOTE: make sure the width of your foam tape is smaller than the width of your top 'frame' layer, otherwise the tape will show after you assemble your shaker!) make an outline around the outside of the base layer. Make sure the tape pieces in the corners are perfectly flush to make sure no glitter/sequins can escape! 


 3. Once you have a border of foam tape around your base layer, peel the backing off the tape and carefully add the desired amount of sequins, etc inside the foam tape.



4. Adhere the acetate layer on top of the foam tape. 
TIP: If you are using fine glitter it may stick to the acetate due to static... One way around this is to use a dryer sheet and rub it over the acetate. I have never tried one, but I think an embossing buddy (from Stampin' Up) will work in the same way... 

5. Add your 'frame' as the final layer on your shaker. 


6. Shake and enjoy!! :) 

Jaded Blossom Stamps I used are (click on pics to visit store):


The Party Shaker Tag cutting files I used to make my cards are available in the SVG Cutting Files store!!

Regular Price for the Release Package is $144.99

Price for the Release Package will be $139.99 after Sunday Night, 12/15, 11:59pm, pst

 Freebie 3 x 3 Jaded Blossom Addict Stamp for customers that spend $40 or more before Taxes and Shipping! FREEBIE is only available until Sunday 12/15, 11:59pm pst.

Here are the Release Week treats!!


BLOG CANDY

Just leave a comment on all the blogs along the hop!



The more blogs you comment on the more chances you have to win!

THREE lucky winners will get their own personalized Jaded Blossom water 

bottle!


Three OTHER winners will win one 6x6 paper pad! 




Now on to the HOP....


Next up is my friend, Trixie!! 

Just in case you get lost here is the Entire Line Up:
Jaded Blossom
Krystle (December Guest Designer)

49 comments:

Unknown said...

Candace, these cards are amazing...thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm definitely going to make some of these this weekend when I'm snowed in!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial!! Love your cards - they are fabulous!!

Sarah said...

LOVE that you did shaker cards-- super fun idea :) You're sooooo creative! Love it!

Krystle said...

Candace, I love your shaker cards!! And thanks for the tutorial!! These are on my "to make" list! (:

Kate said...

Absolutely Love each and every one of those beautiful Shaker Cards.

Memurz said...

Great job on all the projects!! Makes me want all there stamps!

Crafting on Caffeine said...

I've always wondered how to make those shaker cards.

Tanya said...

Love all your projects!! The shaker card tut was very thorough.

jessica said...

OMG Candace!! I just LOVE your cards!!! These shakers are FAB!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!

Unknown said...

SUPER fun shaker cards!!!! I have also used the embossing buddy for the static! Great tutorial on your beautiful cards!!!

Stefani said...

super cute.....I need to try shakers! very cool!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this awesome, detailed, step-by-step instructions. Love, love all your projects and these shaker cards are such a fab idea!

Wandy said...

Awww thanks for that tutorial! I'm def gonna trt it! Thank you!

Unknown said...

All the projects look amazing!

Katie Jr said...

The cards you made are amazing..thanks for the tutorial and sharing them!!

Larelyn said...

I LOVE your shaker cards! And thank you for the quick tutorial. I think I may have to give it a try.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Melissa said...

These are so beautiful! Love them all. I can't wait to make some.. you make it look easy ;)

Unknown said...

I'm loving these party shaker cards. They look so fun.

Tiggerscraps said...

All of your projects are fantastic! Great job

SiskiyouSue said...

"Crazy old fool" is hysterical! Love that walker. So many good files...

Unknown said...

love it, thanks for sharing.

Leigh said...

The old man one cracks me up!! He's full of spunk!!

Karen said...

Super cute!

D- said...

Love your shaker cards and tutorial. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Maria said...

Those shaker cards are wonderful! Thanks for the tutorial!

Rosie said...

Thanks for the tutorial, love the cards

Jaymie said...

These are AWESOME! I am so glad you added a tutorial, I have several birthdays coming up at work and I am so excited to try these!

Dottie =) said...

Omg this is awesome! I love them even more now that I know they're shaker cards! So so cute :)

SherriB said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Candace! Your cards are all fantastic!!

Kathy Salido said...

Absolutely love these!! Love the fun colors and papers u used and thanks for the tutorial! !

Melisa said...

Hi! Your creations are amazing! You are so creative. I want to make ALL of them! LOL!

Beckie said...

I love, love, love all of your projects!!!! I super love the shaker cards. They're on my to do list (with everything else, lol).

Be blessed, Beckie

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness! I love everything! The candy bag with topper and the birdie mailbox are so CUTE!!! :) Janis

GiGi said...

These cards are so cool! LOVE the chalkboard look! ALL your projects this week have been spectacular!

cghundley said...

Terrific looking
shaker cards, so
fun!
Carla from Utah

Migdalia said...

They are ALL FABULOUS!! Love the cards!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Crystal said...

Thank you for the tutorial! I love these on a card! Very cute and a clever idea!

Scrapper69 said...

Love the Shaker cards... super cute! :o)

marg0006 said...

Wow, love the shaker cards and am wanting to do one. Thanks for the inspiration.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

morentin1326 said...

EKKK... these are sooooo fun and cool... I just want to make them too! LOL, but really they are awesome... and so are all your other creations for the release... I am in love with your little calendar... I kick myself everytime I see how awesome they turn out in everyone's creation... because I didn't buy them... fab job...

Debbie said...

wowwwwwwwwww you did an amazing job with all these cute little shaker cards and thanks so very much for doing the tutorial on this as well great job love them
Hugs
Debbie

Debbie said...

oh boy this is such a cute project for the hop today you have really done an amazing job love it
Hugs
Debbie

Sue D said...

Awesome shaker cards!

nandm1214 said...

Candace - your projects are SO amazing!!!! I love them all - especially the "old fool" birthday one and the shaker cards!! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial with us!! I can't wait to get the Cameo for Christmas (gift from my hubby) so I can begin creating great projects like you and all the other Jaded Blossom Design Team members!!! :)

Michelle said...

these must of taken a LONG time to make 4 of them and all so different !!! these are amazing !!! so happy to have you on our team they are beautiful!!!

NanaQQ said...

These projects are awesome! I love the treats and the shaker cards. Great tutorial too.
Sylvia in AZ

crazyaboutcricut said...

Absolutely brilliant, and gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial too :D

Kathy said...

Beautiful projects this week! Love the shaker cards, and thanks for the tutorial!

Jamie said...

These are so amazing! I definitely need to try these!