Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dreaming of Summer!

It has been soo cold here the last few days, and by cold I mean -36 degrees celsius (-33 degrees Fahrenheit). COLD. So I figured I would focus on a layout or two from last summer.







This is my daughter, Bria, enjoying a pool day in the backyard last summer. I made it for the Peachy Keen Challenge #45, based on a given sketch. (See challenge HERE) I used Paper Doll Dressup for the little "Bria" doll and stamped her face with a little Peachy Keen face stamp (from Everyday Character Face Assortment pack). I used Tim Holtz ink to ink around the edges of her hair to give it some dimension. This is the first time I've tried this technique with ribbon and it turned out ok... I wanted it to kind of match the cute little ruffles on Bria's bikini.  I popped up the title (which was from Life's A Beach) as well as the doll with 3-D foam stickers from a dollar store. I also used my Martha Stewart glitter glue (I LOVE glitter...) to add some little dots around the 1/2 circle background. Here's to hoping I win a $25 gift certificate to Peachy Keen Stamps in the challenge! :)

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Adorable layout, nice job!! Your little one is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Cathryn67 ;)
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

Jill Rugg said...

Very cute Lo and daughter!