Friday, June 7, 2013

ScrapbookSteals Blog Hop!!



Hey there!! If you are here from Teresa's blog, then you are in the right place!! If you just stumbled upon this hop, make sure you head back to the beginning - ScrapbookSteals BLOG - to make sure you don't miss any of the awesome projects!!

The products we got to play with - American Crafts DIY Thickers - for this hop are soooo much fun!! The possibilities are endless!! I actually wanted to make a few more projects for this hop, but ran outta time!! I had so many ideas!!

My first project is a layout using family pics from this fall when our baby, Taylah, was born...


Just in case someone out there has never seen, or heard of, DIY Thickers before... They are adhesive on both sides so you can totally customize them!! I used Martha Stewart glitter on the letters in this layout, but you can use flock, coarse glitter, flowersoft... the list goes on! :) 


Here is a little tip for using the letters.... They come in a long sheet, and I like to lay out my projects to see how everything will fit, so I cut each letter out so that I could easily figure out the best spot for them on my layout. Once I knew where they should go, I just peeled the backs off and stuck them to the paper. 


Here is what I used to make my layout...
- American Crafts DIY Thickers
- Recollections Fabulous Girl stack
- My Creative Time We Are Family stamp set and doily and button dies
- Pink By Design Bracketful stamp set

I also made a quick card...


These Thickers are material chipboard letters and sooo fun!! I sprayed them with dark blue Ditto glimmer spray and they turned out really neat! They look like blue jean letters. I forgot to take a pic, but the inside of the card reads,"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad". 

For this card I used the following supplies...
- American Crafts DIY Thickers
- Ditto Glimmer spray
- file from the Silhouette store
- Pink By Design Our Fathers stamp set

Your next stop in the hop is 

If you would like to get your hands on some of these Thickers, check out THIS link!! They are the steal over at ScrapbookSteals today!!! 

Enjoy the rest of the hop!! Below is a list of all the stops in case you get lost along the way! 

  1. ScrapbookSteals 
  2. Lanette Erickson - Stacks of Scraps  http://stacksofscraps.blogspot.com/
  3. Teresa Fenstermacher - Teresa Jaye Is Here to Play http://teresajaye.blogspot.com/
  4. Candace Zentner - Scrappin 2 Little Princesses  www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com (YOU ARE HERE)
  5. Misty Buck - Lil Buck's Creations   http://mistylynnwhat.blogspot.com/
  6. Jennifer McDermott - Wonky Wares  http://wonkywares.blogspot.com/
  7. Brenda Smith - The Imperfect Scrapper  http://theimperfectscrapper.blogspot.com/
  8. Heather Conklin - Goldiecar Designs http://goldiecar.blogspot.com/

40 comments:

MizLindsay said...

It's amazing how well the media (or glitter) sticks to the letters. The coverage looks great!

Unknown said...

Very creative layout! Thanks for sharing it!

Buffy Burnside said...

wonderful projects!

Lanette said...

Great job on the Hop! I love your "Dad" card :)

Rachel T. said...

Great giveaway ... can't wait to get my American Crafts DIY Thickers!

Kristy said...

Daaaaang. Your layout is GORGEOUS! Well done!

tmishler said...

i must be living under a rock cause i am one of those that have never heard of these thickers

Stephanie said...

The blue glitter is so fine, it looks great on your page! I love that the misted ones look like denim. Great for a father's day card!

Cathryn said...

Your projects are just amazing...thanks for sharing!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful layout, love the colors!

Alexia Misso said...

Very Beautiful layout, love the colors! Love your dad card too, fabulous!

OlesyaK said...

love the glitter color! beautiful matching with the papers on the background!

Gabrielle Watson said...

Thanks for the share, such cute designs, and what a cute little family you have!! DIY thickers are great. I used to DYI my white thickers before these came out :)
Gabrielle from Denton, TX

Unknown said...

Your projects are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Abbey from TheOtherSink said...

love the card!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous layout!! The design is fabulous and the pictures are so sweet!! The card is so awesome!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

Such beautiful projects!! :)

Kathy Martin said...

What a beautiful layout.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous layout, wonderful photos and I love how bright the thickers are. Great Father's day card too!

Gail said...

Beautiful layout and fabulous card! Thanks for sharing!

Kristina MacKeen said...

Great layout and simply adorable card.

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Wonderful layout,what a beautiful family. Really like the impact of the card.

Alycia said...

Love your layout! And you have a beautiful family. :)

Melissa D. said...

Such a sweet card and I love your layout! You have a lovely family!

Unknown said...

Love that silhouette cut out on your card. So sweet!! Thanks for sharing your ideas for these thickers. :)

Carol Peixoto said...

Love your layout and card! Nice pictures of your family!

Jill Rugg said...

Great layout and a beautiful photo of your family!

larisa said...

beautiful layout

Karenladd said...

Wonderful layout...love how you glittered up the title!

Anonymous said...

It is adorable layout! Love your photos!

lindanell said...

I love the sweet card. It brought back memories. Your layout is beautiful and makes me want to put my glitter on my table where it will be handy.

SandiB said...

Wonderful layout and card. Thank you for sharing them.

ajmaluck said...

Your layout is beautiful and I love your card. Perfect for a Father's Day card.

Nickybb said...

Thanks for sharing. Great page.

Karey said...

Loving the hop.

Staci said...

Such a gorgeous layout and card! I love how your Thickers turned out!

Unknown said...

Love thickers. I would buy every font, color and finish if I could afford it.

Michelle King said...

I seriously think I need DIY Thickers now...great job!

Karen Weingartner said...

Fun project! I need some DIY Thickers!

Linda said...

love your layout and card, thanks for the inspiration!