Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Birthday Wishes

For the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon Valentine Blog Hop Click HERE!!! 

Happy Sunday, everyone!!! I have been on a mission lately to find some new, fun challenges. I know there are a TON out there so I have been keeping my eyes peeled. The other day I stumbled upon Your Next Stamp stamps who have the yummiest challenge going on. This is the inspiration photo for the challenge:


Like I said. Yummy. :) 

All these bright colors totally reminded me of the Nancy Kubo Mommy & Me set (from Lettering Delights). I decided to make a very bright card with little graphic "sprinkles". 


I used the icons from the Mommy & Me set, traced around them in Silhouette Studio, printed and then cut. I inked around the edges of the circles with blue chalk ink because I don't really like the white edges that can show when cutting printed paper. 


I used the stitched circle dies and All Around Sentiment stamp set from My Creative time for my center flower. I added a little button from my stash in the center. The yellow background layer of my card was embossed with a Happy Birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder. My finishing touch was some timeless twine and a bow. 

Hope you liked my super colorful card!! 

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the colorful design and the images you used!! Perfect take on the inspiration photo (yummo!!) Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Created by Kathi said...

Candace.. what a fun birthday card... this one is good for any age or gender! How nice :) Thanks for designing it and inspiring me to get in my studio and create something fun! Kathi

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing along with our YNS Tasty Tuesday challenge!!!

Debbie said...

Fun card!! Cute little images on the embossed BG!!

Shellye McDaniel said...

This is just precious! Love the design

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness...what yummy colors! Now that's some inspiration! You certainly nailed it my friend - your card is just darling! What a bright, happy, sweet card - ♥

debz said...

Very cute and love the colors!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh, this is just so sunny and happy! What a way to be inspired. Thanks for playing along with us at YNS!