Thursday, March 8, 2012

EAD Designs Color Challenge!!

Hey everyone!! I'm here today with the new colors for this month's Color Challenge over at EAD Designs!!! 
Such an awesome color combo! 


The stickerz the Design Team will be using for this challenge are the In A Park collection. 


Make sure you link your projects up at E.A.D. Designs!! The winner has a shot at being the Guest Designer for a month and a $20 gift certificate to the E.A.D. Designs store!!! PLUS each person who participates receives a coupon for 25% off anything in the store!!! Total WIN-WIN!! :) 

I don't have a project to share today unfortunately... I will for sure share my project with you using these stickerz soon!! For some reason I'm still feeling totally unorganized since we've gotten back! And the last few days my family has been sick, and my husband out of town working, which means I am in bed shortly after the girls are! No crafty time here... :( SOON!!!!! 

Make sure you head on over to the EAD Designs blog for more inspiration for this challenge!!! 


1 comment:

jessica said...

Hi Candace!!!
I wanted to answer your question about CAS and this is what I found over at

http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/08/tutorial-what-is-clean-and-simple.html

The words “Clean” and “Simple” are self-explanatory, but how do you describe what a “Clean and Simple” card is?
A CAS card isn’t ornate or froo froo. It doesn’t have a lot going on. A CAS card is the cardmaking equivalent of the “little black dress.” It’s elegant, understated; it might have a bit of sparkle or interesting angles, but with the CAS card or the little black dress less is more.
White Space – A CAS card will have a lot of undecorated space. It may or may not be white. it may or may not be textured, but this space allows the viewer’s eye to rest and focus on the focal point of the card without competition. Ever look at a card that had so much embellishment you were still noticing new elements on the third or fourth viewing? With a CAS card you’ll see the whole thing at once. It’s crisp. It’s clean. It’s simple
Does that mean if I slap a sticker on a folded piece of cardstock I’ve made a CAS card? No. Well, extremely unlikely. If I cut a neck hole and two arm slots in a trash bag will I have a “Little Black Dress?” Cards are going to look like the combination of materials and time and skill that go into them, no matter what the style.
Embellishments – I’ve seen people explain CAS by saying the cards don’t have ribbon or brads or patterned paper on them. That’s just not true. They can have any or all of those things on them, even at the same time. It’s not likely there will be several different patterned papers on one card. Maybe you have a ribbon and a brad but not a bow. Maybe there’s a ribbon and bow but no patterned paper. It’s about editing. When in doubt, take one element out. Or, as Coco Chanel said, “When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on.”
What about Layers? Do CAS cards use layers? Absolutely. you still want to make your focal point pop. You want your elements to stand out. Sometimes I see people asking on FB or in their blogs, “This card needs something, but I don’t know what.” People are always suggesting, “Add a bow! Put a ribbon on it! How about adding three brads in the bottom corner?” My first thought is usually, “Put a contrasting layer in behind your patterned paper or behind the sentiment.” Layers add depth and definition without adding distraction. Layers are good.

Hope this helps :)
Have a GREAT day and weekend!!!