Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tall As You, Dad!!

So I am realizing that these last two weeks I have been cranking out the projects in my craft room like crazy!! Noone has been sick, the girls have been sleeping well, we haven't had a hectic schedule.... I hope it stays like this for a while, I'm quite enjoying all this time in my craft room!! :)


I've had this idea for a card since I got my Our Fathers sentiment set from Pink By Design... I knew I wanted to use the giraffe along with this stamp but the latest Peachy Keen sketch challenge gave me the inspiration for the layout of the card.




Here are the details...
  • Card is A2 sized (letter size cardstock cut in 1/2 and then folded in half)
  • giraffe is from Create A Critter cut @ 4", it's mouth is from the Peachy Keen Character Face Part set and I hand drew the eyes (couldn't find an eye stamp small enough...). I inked him a bit so the yellow wasn't so bright
  • ribbon is from Michaels and I frayed the end a bit to give it a bit of a rough look so it would go with the inked look of the card
  • 'No matter how tall I get, I will always look up to you' sentiment on the inside of the card is from Our Fathers by Pink By Design
  • I embossed the little square under the giraffe using a Cuttlebug folder - sorry can't remember which one... - and I inked around it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
  • I also inked the cream layer under the polka dotted paper with the same ink
  • I also added the usual stitching and details with my white gelly roll pen
Definitely not my best work but I still think it's cute. I'll be back tomorrow with another project!! :)


2 comments:

June Houck said...

I love this, Candace. I am a sucker for polka dots, or spots, and you've got oodles of them…yum!

Janice W. said...

I love that sentiment and the giraffe is perfect for it! Great card! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!