Monday, October 8, 2012

Peachy Keen Release Challenge #1

Hey Everyone!! It feels like I haven't posted for a while when in fact it has only been 4 days!! I guess I'll make up for it since today I have TWO posts! :) I wanted to get some entries into the Release Challenges over at Peachy Keen since it could be my last chance for a while... I'm trying to cram all the projects I can in before Baby #3 arrives! :) (FOUR weeks if anyone is counting!!)

The first challenge was two use 3 buttons, 2 patterned papers, and 1 ribbon.


I used a cutting file from My Scrap Chick for the little kitty and ghost on the broom. I have been using so many graphics for my projects lately (because they're so quick and easy) that I really wanted to sit down and  piece some SVGs together. The frame for the pictures was from the Silhouette store and I sized it to fit my pictures exactly. I added some stitching with my white pen to give the frame a little more detail. 


The pumpkins were also from the Hocus Pocus set from My Scrap Chick. I used the print and cut feature to fill the pieces of the pumpkin with Halloween digital paper from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon. I love the subtle  detail it gave. I am sooo addicted to digital papers and am planning on doing up some tutorials in the near future... Fingers crossed I can actually get to it! :) I also used some digital papers for the title. 


For my ribbon I used some 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon along with my bow maker to make an adorable little bow for the kitty's hat. I used a Peachy Keen stamp from the In Stitches set for the ghost face and my Blush copic marker for some rosy cheeks. I also added a touch of twine around the broom for more detail. (I could add details allll day long if I had the time!). 

I am also going to link this layout up over at the A Homespun Affair monthly challenge. The colors in the challenge this month were black, orange and purple. So easy to make a project with these colors this time of year! :) 

I hope you like my layout! I'm off to link it up!! I'll have one more layout up today and then I am off to my Aunt's for Thanksgiving dinner!! Just a little reminder that voting is taking place for the Master Crafter Challenge over at Sarah Hamer Designs! I would love it if you would vote for MY ADVENT CALENDAR PROJECT (# 26) but there are a lot of great projects so you should head over and check them all out!! 

6 comments:

June Houck said...

This is a GREAT LO! The girls are BOO-tiful and your die cuts are nearly as adorable as your two little princesses.

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love this layout and how you used Samantha Walker's Ornate Swirl Frame!

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh another baby on the way. Congrats and yes craft while you can. =) You did a beautiful job on your layout. I love the little kitty and frame. TFS AJ-

Megan said...

Congrats on another little one on the way! Adorable LO!!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

Oh Candace I just LOVE this layout!! Such a spectacular job as always!! Thank you so much for playing along with us a www.ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com for our monthly challenge!! ;) <3

Jess

Lisa Norris said...

Sooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!!! I love it! :)