Monday, October 8, 2012

Peachy Keen Release Challenge #1

Hey Everyone!! It feels like I haven't posted for a while when in fact it has only been 4 days!! I guess I'll make up for it since today I have TWO posts! :) I wanted to get some entries into the Release Challenges over at Peachy Keen since it could be my last chance for a while... I'm trying to cram all the projects I can in before Baby #3 arrives! :) (FOUR weeks if anyone is counting!!)

The first challenge was two use 3 buttons, 2 patterned papers, and 1 ribbon.


I used a cutting file from My Scrap Chick for the little kitty and ghost on the broom. I have been using so many graphics for my projects lately (because they're so quick and easy) that I really wanted to sit down and  piece some SVGs together. The frame for the pictures was from the Silhouette store and I sized it to fit my pictures exactly. I added some stitching with my white pen to give the frame a little more detail. 


The pumpkins were also from the Hocus Pocus set from My Scrap Chick. I used the print and cut feature to fill the pieces of the pumpkin with Halloween digital paper from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbon. I love the subtle  detail it gave. I am sooo addicted to digital papers and am planning on doing up some tutorials in the near future... Fingers crossed I can actually get to it! :) I also used some digital papers for the title. 


For my ribbon I used some 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon along with my bow maker to make an adorable little bow for the kitty's hat. I used a Peachy Keen stamp from the In Stitches set for the ghost face and my Blush copic marker for some rosy cheeks. I also added a touch of twine around the broom for more detail. (I could add details allll day long if I had the time!). 

I am also going to link this layout up over at the A Homespun Affair monthly challenge. The colors in the challenge this month were black, orange and purple. So easy to make a project with these colors this time of year! :) 

I hope you like my layout! I'm off to link it up!! I'll have one more layout up today and then I am off to my Aunt's for Thanksgiving dinner!! Just a little reminder that voting is taking place for the Master Crafter Challenge over at Sarah Hamer Designs! I would love it if you would vote for MY ADVENT CALENDAR PROJECT (# 26) but there are a lot of great projects so you should head over and check them all out!! 

6 comments:

June Houck said...

This is a GREAT LO! The girls are BOO-tiful and your die cuts are nearly as adorable as your two little princesses.

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Love this layout and how you used Samantha Walker's Ornate Swirl Frame!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Oh another baby on the way. Congrats and yes craft while you can. =) You did a beautiful job on your layout. I love the little kitty and frame. TFS AJ-

Megan said...

Congrats on another little one on the way! Adorable LO!!

Homespun Elegance said...

Oh Candace I just LOVE this layout!! Such a spectacular job as always!! Thank you so much for playing along with us a www.ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com for our monthly challenge!! ;) <3

Jess

Lisa said...

Sooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!!! I love it! :)